Creative Uses for Tools in Desire2Learn
Submitted by jason on Wed, 2009-07-15 09:19
Fusion 2009 presentation entitled Where's My Stuff: Are Your Students Content with Your Content? by Sherry Lindquist and Karen Znajda. About 40 people in attendance.
- Talked about using crazy colors and cutsie clipart to attract attention. I disagree: between sensory overload and diminished credibility, I think the examples provided went too far.
- Majority of presenters and attendees dissatisfied with built-in D2L calendar.
- Release condition ideas:
- By date (but avoid if possible for maintenace reasons; use the following, instead)
- By grade score (displays remediation content to poor performers)
- By submission to drobox
- After clicking on selected content (display exam after reading instructions, module, etc.)
- Reporting Tools
- TheUltimateSteal.com (full MS Office for @.edu addresses)
- Rotating content